- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Newnham is a small village near Ashwell in the North Hertfordshire District of Hertfordshire, England. It has about 100–200 inhabitants and, since 1974, is within the Caldecote and Newnham civil parish. It was previously a separate civil parish.
The parish church is dedicated to St. Vincent and features several medieval wall murals.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Newnham from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "NEWNHAM, a village and a parish in Hitchin [registration] district, Herts. The village stands on a brook at the foot of high chalk hills, 1 mile E of the boundary with [Bedfordshire], and 2½ N of Baldock [railway] station; and has a post-office under Baldock. The parish comprises 951 acres. Real property: £1,379. Population: 135. Houses: 27. The property belongs to J. R. Mills, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value: £97. Patron: J. R. Mills, Esq. The church is ancient but good; and consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower. There is a free school."