|Alt names||Lower Tabley||source: alternate placename|
|Nether Tabley||source: hamlet in parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Great Budworth, Cheshire, England||ancient parish of which it was a township|
|Bucklow Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Bucklow Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district in which it was located prior to 1974|
|Macclesfield District, Cheshire, England||district municipality and unitary authority covering the area 1974-2009|
|Cheshire East District, Cheshire, England||district municipality and unitary authority covering the area since 2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Tabley Inferior is a civil parish in the Borough of Cheshire East and ceremonial county of Cheshire in England. It had a population of 137 according to the UK census of 2001. The parish contains the village of Lower Tabley.
Prior to 1974 Tabley Inferior was in Bucklow Rural District and, prior to 1866, part of the ancient parish of Great Budworth in Bucklow Hundred. It includes the hamlet of Nether Tabley. The population was 127 in 1801, 123 in 1851, 129 in 1901, 109 in 1951, and 137 in 2001. (Source: GENUKI)
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Tabley Inferior, Cheshire, England | Great Budworth, Cheshire, England | Bucklow Hundred, Cheshire, England | Bucklow Rural, Cheshire, England | Macclesfield District, Cheshire, England | Cheshire East District, Cheshire, England