Moreton-in-Marsh is a town and civil parish in northeastern Gloucestershire, England. The town is at the crossroads of the Fosse Way Roman road (now the A429) and the A44. The parish and environs are relatively flat and low-lying compared with the surrounding Cotswold Hills. The River Evenlode rises near Batsford, runs around the edge of Moreton and meanders towards Oxford, where it flows into the Thames just east of Eynsham. Just over east of Moreton, the Four Shire Stone marked the boundary of the historic counties of Gloucestershire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Oxfordshire, until the re-organisation of the county boundaries in 1931. Since then it marks the meeting place of Gloucestershire, Warwickshire and Oxfordshire.
Moreton-in-Marsh was in Campden Rural District from 1894 until 1935 when the rural district was broken up and the majority of it (including Moreton-in-Marsh) was transferred to the newly-formed and larger North Cotswold Rural District. The North Cotswold Rural District was replaced by the larger district municipality of Cotswold District in 1974.
Online sources which may also be helpful: