"Milcombe village, which lies 1½ mile to the southwest of Bloxham seems always to have been very scattered; it now straggles along the road to Wigginton." (Source: Victoria County History of Oxfordshire, Volume 9)
Before becoming a civil parish in 1866 Milcombe was a chapelry or "chapel of ease" in the parish of Bloxham.
The Church of England parish church of Saint Laurence was built in the 13th century, but little survives from this period except the west tower. The font is 15th century. In the 19th century the building was in very poor condition so in 1860 the Gothic Revival architect G.E. Street rebuilt the chancel and most of the nave. The parish benefice is now combined with those of Bloxham and South Newington.
Milcombe House was a large 17th-century house. Most of it was demolished in 1953, but a small part has been retained as a farmhouse. Some outbuildings of the hall survive: an 18th-century dovecote and part of the 17th century stables. "The manor-house was lived in by the Dalby family. Between 1564 and 1629 19 of the family were baptized in the church and 14 were buried there between 1563 and 1625. In the early 18th century the Thornycrofts remodelled part of the house. Lady Thornycroft died there in 1704 and Sir John in 1725." (Source: Victoria County History of Oxfordshire, Volume 9)
Victoria County History of Oxfordshire, volume 9, chapter on Bloxham includes references to Milcombe.