- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Lower Lemington from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "LEMINGTON (LOWER), a parish in the district of Shipston-on-Stour, and county of Gloucester; contiguous to Warwickshire, 2 miles NE by N of Moreton-in-the-Marsh [railway] station, and 5 SW by S of Shipton-on Stour. Post town, Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres: 855. Real property: £995. Population: 57. Houses: 14. The property belongs to Lord Redesdale. The living is a [perpetual] curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value: £27. Patron, Lord Redesdale. The church is good.
Lower Lemington was in Campden Rural District from 1894 until 1935 when the rural district was broken up and the majority of it (including Lower Lemington) was transferred to the newly-formed and larger North Cotswold Rural District.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- Lower Lemington in A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 6/Tewkesbury hundred in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county
Categories: Gloucestershire, England | Kiftsgate (hundred), Gloucestershire, England | Campden Rural, Gloucestershire, England | North Cotswold Rural, Gloucestershire, England | Cotswold (district), Gloucestershire, England | Lower Lemington, Gloucestershire, England