|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||Lincolnshire, England|
Little Bytham in A Vision of Britain through Time
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Little Bytham is a village and civil parish in the South Kesteven district of Lincolnshire, England. It lies on the B1176 road, south from Corby Glen and north from Stamford .
The East Coast Main Line railway cuts through the eastern side of the village over viaducts. On the edge of Little Bytham to the east is the West Glen River. Further east lie Witham on the Hill and Grimsthorpe Castle estate. To the west is Castle Bytham and, over the Rutland county boundary, is Clipsham. Careby is just to the south.
The name 'Bytham' is first recorded in 1067 (as a monastery that rapidly translated to Vaudey Abbey), and comes from the Old English word bythme meaning Valley bottom, broad valley.