Lee (the present ward is known as Lee Green) is a suburban district of southeast London, officially within the London Borough of Lewisham since 1965, but stretching into Greenwich on the east. It is located west of Eltham and south east of Lewisham.
The Manor of Lee was a historic parish of the Blackheath Hundred and existed up to 1900 when it was merged with the parish of Lewisham to create the Metropolitan Borough of Lewisham. While modern Lee is centred on Lee railway station and the road of Burnt Ash Hill, the parish was based around Lee High Road which today stretches into the town centre of Lewisham. The River Quaggy formed much of the boundary between the two parishes, though at Lee Bridge (at the western end of Lee High Road) it is now almost completely hidden.