Place:Ledsham, Cheshire, England

Watchers
NameLedsham
Alt namesLeveteshamsource: Domesday Book (1985) p 53
TypeInhabited place
Coordinates53.267°N 2.967°W
Located inCheshire, England
See alsoWirral Rural, Cheshire, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1933
Chester Rural, Cheshire, Englandrural district of which it was part 1933-1974)
Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, Englanddistrict municipality in which it was situated 1974-2009
Chester City (borough), Cheshire, Englandunitary authority in which it has been located since 2009
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


Ledsham was a township in the ancient parish of Neston in the Wirral hundred which became a civil parish in 1866. It included parts of the hamlets of Badger's Rake and Two Mills.

It was part of Wirral Rural District from 1894 until 1933 and part of Chester Rural District from 1933 until 1974. In 1974 it joined the district municipality of the City of Chester. In 2009 the whole of the district municipality joined the unitary authority named Cheshire West and Chester.

The population was 56 in 1801, 94 in 1851, 82 in 1901, and 116 in 1951.

Research Tips