- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Laysters from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "LAYSTERS, or LEYSTERS, a parish, with a village, in Leominster [registration] district, Herefordshire; adjacent to Worcestershire, 4½ miles SSW of Tenbury [railway] station, and 5 NE of Leominster. Post town: Tenbury. Acres: 1,989. Real property: £2,204. Population in 1851: 210; in 1861: 283. Houses: 51. The increase of population arose partly from the opening of a brick yard. The property is divided among a few. A moated seat of the priors of Sheen was here. A tumulus is near the church. The living is a [perpetual] curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value: £335. Patron: Mrs. Prescott. The church is ancient, has a tower, and was restored about 1841. There are a parochial school and charities £16."