Landican was a township in Woodchurch ancient parish, in the Wirral hundred, which became a civil parish in 1866. It contains the Church of the Holy Cross, Woodchurch, the ancient Church of England parish church for the township.
Landican was part of the Wirral Rural District from 1894 until 1928 when the civil parish was abolished and the area became part of Birkenhead. The population was 45 in 1801, 57 in 1851, 71 in 1901, and 66 in 1931. The township covered 626 acres.
In the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974 the entire Wirral Peninsula, with the exception of the municipal borough of Ellesmere Port and urban district of Neston at the southern end, became the Metropolitan Borough of the Wirral in the new administrative county of Merseyside.
Landican Cemetery is situated opposite Arrowe Park and is one of the main cemetery and crematorium sites for the Metropolitan Borough of Wirral.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Landican.