Ince is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It is situated immediately to the east of the Stanlow Oil Refinery. It shares Ince and Elton railway station with the village of Elton, which it runs into. According to the 2001 Census, it was recorded as having a population of 209.
Ince was formerly a township and parish in Eddisbury Hundred and became part of Ellesmere Port civil parish in 1950. A new civil parish, with smaller boundaries, was created in 1987. The population stood at 443 in 1801, 422 in 1851 and 290 in 1901. Before 1866 it had been a township in the ancient parishes of Ince and Stoak. (Source: GENUKI)