- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Hempnall is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It covers an area of 14.82 km2 (5.72 sq mi) and had a population of 1,310 in 522 households at the 2001 UK census, the population reducing to 1,292 at the 2011 UK census. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of South Norfolk.
Hempnall lies on the B1527 road, with neighbouring villages including Tasburgh and Saxlingham Nethergate.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Hempnall. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901