|Located in||Worcestershire, England (1844 - 1974)|
|Also located in||Shropshire, England (1844 - )|
|West Midlands, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Brimstree Hundred, Shropshire, England||hundred of which the parish was a part until 1844|
|Halfshire Hundred, Worcestershire, England||hundred of which the parish was a part after 1844|
|Halesowen Rural, Worcestershire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1919|
|Halesowen, Worcestershire, England||urban district, then municipal borough of which it was part 1925-1974|
|Dudley (metropolitan borough), West Midlands, England||metropolitan borough into which it was merged in 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Hawne was a township of the ancient parish of Halesowen and was located in part of a detached part of Shropshire until 1844. While in Shropshire it was in the Brimstree Hundred; in Worcestershire it was in the Halftree Hundred.
In 1866 it became a civil parish and in 1894 joined Halesowen Rural District.
- Ordnance Survey Maps of England and Wales - Revised: Worcestershire illustrates the parish boundaries of Worcestershire when rural districts were still in existence and before the West Midlands came into being. The map publication year is 1931. The map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets. Maps in this series are now downloadable for personal use.
- British History Online has a collection of local maps from the Ordnance Survey 1883-1893. Rural areas are included, but these may be especially useful for investigation the suburbs of large towns.
- GENUKI makes a great many suggestions as to other websites with worthwhile information about Worcestershire as well as leading to a collection of 19th century descriptions of each of the ecclesiastical parishes.
- The Midlands Historical Data project produces searchable facsimile copies of old local history books and directories of interest to genealogists. It specialises in the three counties of Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Staffordshire, working closely with libraries, archives and family history societies in the area. Digital images are made freely available to participating organisations to improve public access. Free search index on its web-site to all its books. In many cases payment will be required to see the extract.
- organization charts of the hierarchies of parishes within hundreds, registration districts and rural and urban districts of the 20th century
- excerpts from a gazetteer of circa 1870 outlining individual towns and parishes
- reviews of population through the time period 1800-1960
- More local sources can often be found by referring to "What Links Here" in the column on the left.
Categories: Worcestershire, England | Hawne, Worcestershire, England | Halfshire (hundred), Worcestershire, England | Halesowen Rural, Worcestershire, England | Halesowen, Worcestershire, England | Dudley (metropolitan borough), West Midlands, England