The small civil parish of Hastingleigh lies on top of the North Downs in Kent three miles east of Wye and ten miles south of Canterbury, near the locally renowned beauty spot of the Devil's Kneading Trough, on the North Downs Way with views towards Ashford, Romney Marsh and the Weald.
Hastingleigh has a current population of about 200 serviced by a garage and a public house. Hastingleigh, also one of the very few small villages to have not received a broadband service until late 2006. It held the number one position in BT requests for Broadband chart for some six months prior to conversion.
With little to no public transport to the village, the village is reached by following the main route (Churchfield Way) through the village of Wye, passing Wye Church on the left, and continuing out of the village, up onto the Downs, and continuing for several miles.
The village was in existence prior to the Domesday Book and originally lay in the valley by the Church of England church (St. Mary the Virgin) but following the plague, the main settlement was relocated to its current position. The church is made of stone, in the Early English style, and has a tower containing one bell: there is a brass to John Halke, d.1604, and Amia his wife, d.1596: The maternal grandparents of Dr. William Harvey; his mother Joane was born at South Hill, Hastingleigh and married Thomas Harvie of Folkestone, in Hastingleigh Church. The nave and aisle were restored in 1880 and the chancel in 1886: the church affords 200 sittings. 12th century murals were partially uncovered on the north wall, and south east corner of the church in 1966.