Place:Hartford, Huntingdonshire, England

Watchers


NameHartford
TypeVillage
Located inHuntingdonshire, England
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Hartford in Huntingdonshire (now part of Cambridgeshire), England, is a village near the town of Huntingdon, and not far west of Wyton. It lies on the A141 road and on the north bank of the River Great Ouse, upon which it has a significant marina. The village is not to be confused with the much larger town of Hertford, some to the south-east.

It is sometimes known as Hartford-cum-Sapley, and in the past has been known as Hereford by Huntingdon, Herford, Hertford and Harford.

All Saints' Church in Hartford is an Anglican church built in 1180 just on the north riverbank. The church has six bells.


Despite the rival claim of Hertford, there is a good case for identifying Hartford as the venue of the English synod of 673.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Hartford, Cambridgeshire. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.