- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Haresfield from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "HARESFIELD, a parish and a sub-district in Wheatenhurst district, Gloucester. The parish lies on the Bristol and Gloucester railway, and on the Berkeley canal, 3 miles N of Stonehouse, and 4½ NW of Stroud; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Stonehouse. Acres: 2,155; of which 175 are water. Real property: £8,208; of which £2,501 are in the railway, and £300 in the canal. Population: 612. Houses: 134. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Haresfield Court, belongs to John D. T. Niblett, Esq. An ancient camp is at Broad Ridge. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value: £260. Patron: John D. T. Niblett, Esq. The church is ancient; is supposed to have been built by the prior of Llanthony abbey; comprises nave, two chancels, and a porch, with tower and spire; and was recently repaired. Charities, £15."
- "The [registration] sub-district contains eight parishes. Acres: 13,157. Population: 3,314. Houses: 707."
Haresfield today is a largely residential village. (Source: Wikipedia)