Farningham is a village and civil parish which, since 1974, is located in the Sevenoaks District of Kent, England. It borders the Dartford Borough and is located on the River Darent, south west of Swanley. It had a population of 1,289 in the UK census of 2001.
Before joining Sevenoaks District in 1974, Farningham was part of Dartford Rural District.
Farningham had a watermill, powered by the River Darent, the building of which survives. There was a windmill at Chimham's Farm, which was moved in 1880 to West Kingsdown, where it still stands.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Farningham.