- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Farmington from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "FARMINGTON, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; near the Fosse way, 1¼ mile NE of Northleach, and 4¼ SW by S of Bourton-on-the-Water [railway] station. Post town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres: 2,470. Real property: £2, 341. Population: 284. Houses: 59. The property is all in one estate. Farmington Lodge is the seat of H. E. Waller, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value: £121. Patron: H. E. Waller, Esq. The church is partly Norman, partly early English, and partly of later dates; consists of nave, chancel, aisle, and porch, with a tower; and is good."
Farmington is located immediately east of the parish of Northleach with Eastington in the Cotswold District of Cotswold District in Gloucestershire, England. From 1894 until 1974 it was in the Northleach Rural District.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- Farmington from A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 9/Bradley hundred] in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county