This town was formed from Saratoga and Stillwater in 1789. It remained a part of Albany County till Feb. 7, 1791, when it was annexed to Washington County. Albany County, in 1789, included the current Saratoga County which was also set off from Albany County in 1791.
Easton is a town in southwestern Washington County, New York, United States along the county's western boundary. It is part of the Glens Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area. The town population was 2,259 at the 2000 census. The town is named after Easton, Connecticut. The town adopted English as its official language on July 6, 2010.