|Alt names||Dunton Plotlands||source: settlement in parish|
|Dunton Wayletts||source: settlement in parish|
|Laindon West||source: settlement in parish|
|Type||Hamlet, Civil parish|
|Located in||Essex, England|
|See also||Billericay Rural, Essex, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1934|
|Billericay, Essex, England||urban district to which part of it was transferred in 1934|
|Basildon, Essex, England||urban district renamed in 1934|
|Basildon District, Essex, England||district municipality which it joined in 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Dunton Wayletts (#6 on the map) is a hamlet on the western outskirts of Laindon, located in the Borough of Basildon in Essex, England since 1974. It is located between the Southend Arterial Road (A127 road) and the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway. The parish is usually known as Dunton.
The parish was part of the Billericay Rural District from 1894 until 1934 and the Billericay Urban District from 1934, and renamed Basildon in 1955.
Categories: Essex, England | Dunton, Essex, England | Billericay Rural, Essex, England | Billericay, Essex, England | Basildon, Essex, England | Basildon District, Essex, England