Denton is a small village and civil parish on the A428 road about 6 miles (10 km) southeast of Northampton in the South Northamptonshire District of Northamptonshire, England. The 2001 Census recorded the parish population as 767.
The Church of England parish church of St. Margaret has 13th-century origins but was mostly rebuilt 1827–8.
These two maps show the boundaries of the individual civil parishes in the county in 1900 and in 1944. Comparing the two on a local level allows one to understand the alterations (should there be any) which occurred during the interim period which are noted in the text above.