- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Condicote is a small village and civil parish located, since 1974, in the Cotswold District of Gloucestershire, England. It is near the A424 road and has a small church dedicated to St Nicholas.
Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire (1837 - 1937)
North Cotswold (1937 - 2006)
Gloucestershire (2006 - )
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- Condicote from A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 6/Slaughter hundred in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county
Categories: Gloucestershire, England | Slaughter (hundred), Gloucestershire, England | Kiftsgate (hundred), Gloucestershire, England | Stow-on-the-Wold Registration District, Gloucestershire, England | North Cotswold Registration District, Gloucestershire, England | Gloucestershire Registration District, Gloucestershire, England