Place:Clay Coton, Northamptonshire, England

Watchers


NameClay Coton
Alt namesClay-Cotonsource: Family History Library Catalog
TypeVillage
Located inNorthamptonshire, England
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Clay Coton is a village in the Daventry district of the county of Northamptonshire in England. The nearest large town is Rugby, Warwickshire, about away by road. The village is close to the M1 Motorway with its junction (known as Catthorpe Interchange with the M6 and A14 road which runs very close to the north.

The village is dominated by the mediaeval former church of St. Andrew. Built in 1340, it was restored by Edmund Francis Law in 1866 but fell into disuse in the 1950s and was renovated as a private house in 2000. However, the surrounding graveyard still has public access.

Until 2002, despite the small size of the village, it included a pub, called the 'Fox and Hounds'; it was later renamed the 'Fox'. The Fox was renowned for its folk music nights and cask ales. Like the church, it has now been converted to a private house.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Clay Coton. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.