Place:Chortitza, Ekaterinoslav, Russia

Watchers


NameChortitza
Alt namesKhortitzasource: a transliteration of the Russian name
TypeColony
Located inEkaterinoslav, Russia     (1789 - 1925)
Contained Places
Former village
Blumengart ( 1824 - )
Burwalde ( 1803 - )
Einlage ( 1789 - )
Insel Chortitza ( 1789 - )
Khortitsa ( 1789 - )
Kronsthal ( 1809 - )
Kronsweide ( 1789 - )
Neu Osterwick ( 1812 - )
Neuenburg ( 1789 - )
Neuhorst ( 1824 - )
Rosengart ( 1824 - )
Rosenthal ( 1789 - )
Schöneberg ( 1816 - )
Schönhorst ( 1789 - )
Schönwiese ( 1793 - )
Inhabited place
Nyzhnia Khortytsia ( 1803 - )
Shyroke ( 1789 - )


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Chortitza Colony was a settlement of German speaking Mennonites northwest of Khortytsia Island and is now part of Zaporizhia, Ukraine. Chortitza was founded in 1789 by Plautdietsch-speaking Mennonite settlers from West Prussia and consisted of many villages. It was the first of many Mennonite settlements in Russia. Because the Mennonites living in these villages emigrated or were evacuated or deported at the end of World War II, or emigrated after the collapse of the Soviet Union no Mennonites are living there today.

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Chortitza Colony. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.