Carnforth is a small town and civil parish near Lancaster in the north of Lancashire, England, situated at the north east end of Morecambe Bay. The parish of Carnforth had a population of 5,350 recorded in the 2001 census, and forms part of the City of Lancaster.
Due to the closeness of the coast and the hills, Carnforth is a popular base for walkers and cyclists exploring the area. The River Keer, the West Coast Main Line (WCML), the A6 and the Lancaster Canal pass through the town. The M6 motorway passes just to the east, linked to Carnforth by the A601(M).
Carnforth was made an urban district in 1894 and joined the City of Lancaster in 1974.
Much of the history of Carnforth revolves around the railway and ironworks. For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Carnforth.