- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
NOTE: All references point to Canon Frome and Castle Frome being two different places. However, they are less than 5 miles apart and Wilson reports that both had the same population in the same number of households.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Canon Frome from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CANON-FROME, a parish in Ledbury [registration] district, Hereford; on the river Frome, 2 miles N of Ashperton [railway] station, and 6 NW by N of Ledbury. Post Town, Bosbury, under Ledbury. Acres: 1,023. Real property: £1,278. Population: 115. Houses: 18. The property is divided among a few. Canon-Frome Court is the seat of the Rev. John Hopton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value: £220. Patron: the Rev. John Hopton. The church was built in 1861; is in the early English style, with ornate chancel and alabaster reredos; and retains the tower of a previous church."