Cambridge is a hamlet in the district of Stroud, in the county of Gloucestershire, England. It lies on the A38 road between Bristol and Gloucester. It is about 3 miles (5 km) from Dursley and about 11 miles (18 km) from Gloucester.
The hamlet lies in the civil parish of Slimbridge and takes its name from the River Cam which flows through it. It has one public house, the George Inn. A second, the White Lion, closed and became a private residence. There are regular buses to Bristol, Gloucester, Stroud and Thornbury.
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cambridge like this:
CAMBRIDGE, a hamlet in Shinbridge parish, Gloucester; on the river Cam, 4 miles NNW of Dursley. It has a post office under Stonehouse. It was known to the Saxons as Cwatbriege; and was the scene of a battle, in the time of Edward the Elder, between the Saxons and the Danes.