|Alt names||Burnham Sutton with Ulph||source: GENUKI|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England (1727 - 1929)|
|See also||Brothercross Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Docking Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1929|
|Burnham Market, Norfolk, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1929|
|King's Lynn and West Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Burnham-Sutton-cum-Burnham-Ulph from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "BURNHAM-SUTTON-CUM-BURNHAM-ULPH, a parish in Docking [registration] district, Norfolk; ¾ of a mile S of Burnham-Westgate [railway] station, and 6 W by S of Wells[-next-the-Sea]. Post Town: Burnham [Market], under [King's] Lynn. Acres: 1,452. Real property: £2,161. Population: 380. Houses: 85. The property is divided among a few. The present parish comprises two ancient parishes. The living of Burnham-Sutton is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Burnham-Overy, and with half of the rectories of Burnham-Norton and Burnham-Ulph, in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £700. Patron: the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. The other half of the rectory of Burnham-Ulph is annexed to the rectory of Burnham-Westgate. There is a Wesleyan chapel."
Burnham Sutton and Burnham Ulph were separate parishes until 1727. They have both been redirected here. The Burnham villages have contined to merge. In 1929 the civil parish was abolished and became part of Burnham Market.
Categories: Norfolk, England | Burnham-Sutton-cum-Burnham-Ulph, Norfolk, England | Brothercross Hundred, Norfolk, England | Docking Rural, Norfolk, England | Burnham Market, Norfolk, England | King's Lynn and West Norfolk District, Norfolk, England