Place:Bullers Green, Northumberland, England

NameBullers Green
TypeTownship, Civil parish
Coordinates55.172°N 1.69°W
Located inNorthumberland, England     ( - 1888)
See alsoMorpeth, Northumberland, Englandancient parish in which it was a township
Morpeth Ward, Northumberland, Englandancient county division in which it was located
Morpeth, Northumberland, Englandborough into which it was reabsorbed in 1888
source: Family History Library Catalog

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Bullers Green from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"BULLER'S GREEN, a township in the parish and within the borough of Morpeth, Northumberland. Acres, 363. Pop., 269. Houses, 45."

Bullers Green was a township in the ancient parish of Morpeth and became a separate civil parish in 1866. In 1888 it was reabsorbed into Morpeth.

Research Tips

  • Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.