Bromham is a village and civil parish in Wiltshire, England. Besides the main village of Bromham, the parish includes five other settlements: St Edith’s Marsh, Westbrook, Hawkstreet, Netherstreet and Chittoe. These are essentially sub-villages and hamlets all within of the main village centre, thus 'greater Bromham' is geographically very extensive. The village is northwest of Devizes and east of Melksham. Its stands one and a half miles north of the Kennet and Avon Canal and one and three-quarters of a mile south of the Roman road leading to Bath, Somerset.
In Anglo-Saxon times the manor was held, in the reign of Edward the Confessor, by Earl Harold Godwinson. Under the Normans there were two manors covering Bromham. Bromham Hall, later called Bromham House, the manor house of Bromham Roches, stood to the east of the Devises Road; it was burnt by Royalist troops in May 1645, during the Civil War. Battle House, named for the manor of Bromham Battle, held by Battle Abbey, is a grade II* listed building, partly 15th century, largely rebuilt c. 1760; it was the home of the historian Sir William Napier between 1826 and 1831. Spye Arch at the top of Bowden Hill, once served as gatehouse to Spye Park, a seat of the Bayntun family. it had originally been constructed as the gatehouse of the Cistercian Stanley Abbey, which stood near the eastern edge of the parish, towards Chippenham; the Abbot's Wood that appears as a block of woodland in Andrews’ and Dury’s Map of Wiltshire, 1773, survives as a narrow wooded strip south of the village.