|Alt names||Brand||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 146|
|Brandet||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 146|
|Brensete||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 146|
|Brenzett Green||source: settlement in parish|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Kent, England|
|See also||Aloesbridge Hundred, Kent, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Romney Marsh Liberty, Kent, England||further ancient county division in which it was located|
|Romney Marsh Rural, Kent, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1974|
|Shepway District, Kent, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Brenzett is a village and civil parish in the Shepway District of Kent, England. The village lies on the Romney Marsh, three miles (4.8 km) west of New Romney. It was originally an ancient parish in Aloesbridgee Hundred. Between 1894 and 1974 it was part of the Romney Marsh Rural District. Since 1974 the area is covered by the non-metropolitan Borough of Shepway.
Brenzett was also the site of a Royal Air Force Advanced Landing Ground (ALG) airfield during the Second World War, RAF Brenzett, at one time operating North American Mustang IIIs.
Brenzett is a busy transport hub on the way to the Channel Tunnel. The parish church of St Eanswythe is located on the road to Brenzett Green, a remnant of the original A2070 to Hamstreet and Ashford, which was entirely rebuilt in the 1990s.
- Kent County Council Archive, Local Studies and Museums Service. James Whatman Way, Maidstone, Kent ME14 1LQ. This incorporates the Centre for Kentish Studies in Maidstone and the East Kent Archives Centre near Dover.
- Canterbury Cathedral Archives see the Archives web pages on the Canterbury Catherdral site.
- For information on the area around the Medway Towns, have a look at Medway Council's CityArk site.
- Ordnance Survey Maps of England and Wales - Revised: Kent illustrates the parish boundaries of Kent when rural districts were still in existence and before Greater London came into being. The map publication year is 1931. An earlier map of 1900 may also be useful. The maps blow up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets. Maps in this series are now downloadable for personal use.
- Steve Archer has produced a very useful round-up of the available census records for Kent - and where/from whom they are available.
- Registration Districts in Kent for the period 1837 to the present. By drilling down through the links you can follow any parish through the registration districts to which it was attached.
- Bishop's Transcripts for Kent parishes, 1558-1887, can be found on FamilySearch since February 2016
- The Kent Family History Society and the North West Kent Family History Society are the most dominant, but there are also
Categories: Kent, England | Brenzett, Kent, England | Aloesbridge Hundred, Kent, England | Romney Marsh Liberty, Kent, England | Romney Marsh Rural, Kent, England | Shepway District, Kent, England