|Alt names||Brent-Pelham||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Peleham||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 137|
|Located in||Hertfordshire, England|
|See also||Edwinstree Hundred, Hertfordshire, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Bishop's Stortford Rural, Hertfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1895|
|Hadham Rural, Hertfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1895-1935|
|Braughing Rural, Hertfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1935-1974|
|East Hertfordshire District, Hertfordshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Brent Pelham is a village in the East Hertfordshire District of Hertfordshire, England, and situated approximately 5 miles (8 km) east of Buntingford. It is one of the three Pelhams, with Stocking Pelham and Furneux Pelham, which now form part of the civil parish of Brent Pelham and Meesden.
The parish church of St Mary's dates from the 14th century. It contains a black marble tomb slab of the 13th century, upon which the name of legendary local dragon-slayer Piers Shonks and a date of 1086 has been added. Symbols of the Four Evangelists - angel, eagle, lion, and bull - have been carved in relief around a dragon's mouth. The church is part of a benefice with Anstey, Hormead, Meesden and Wyddial.
Categories: Hertfordshire, England | Brent Pelham, Hertfordshire, England | Edwinstree Hundred, Hertfordshire, England | Bishop's Stortford Rural, Hertfordshire, England | Hadham Rural, Hertfordshire, England | Braughing Rural, Hertfordshire, England | East Hertfordshire District, Hertfordshire, England