|Alt names||Bradley Green||source: hamlet in parish|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Broxton Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was situated|
|Malpas Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1936|
|Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1936-1974|
|Chester City District, Cheshire, England||district in which it was located 1974-2009|
|Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, England||unitary authority in which it is located since 2009|
|Malpas, Cheshire, England||ancient parish in which the township was located until 1866|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Bradley is a civil parish which since 2009 has been located in the Borough of Cheshire West and Chester and ceremonial county of Cheshire in England. In the UK census of 2001 it had a population of 61. The main settlement in the parish is the hamlet of Bradley Green.
Before 1866 Bradley was a township and chapelry in Malpas ancient parish in the Broxton hundred of Cheshire. The population was 77 in 1801, 125 in 1851, 124 in 1901, and 105 in 1951. (Source:GENUKI)
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Broxton Hundred, Cheshire, England | Malpas Rural, Cheshire, England | Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England | Chester City District, Cheshire, England | Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, England | Malpas, Cheshire, England | Bradley, Cheshire, England