Boyton is a civil parish and village in Cornwall, England. It is situated close to the River Tamar and the border with Devon about six miles (10 km) north of Launceston. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 378.
Boyton is a rural parish which takes its name from Boia's Farm and is mentioned in the Domesday Book as Boitone. It is bounded to the east by the Devon border, to the north by North Tamerton parishes, to the west by North Petherwin parish, and to the south by Werrington parish. Boyton is in the Launceston Registration District.
At Boyton Mill the miller's house is built of stone and wooden beams. The mill building itself has many original features, the waterwheel and machinery still turn and can be seen working. Some parts of the mill building dates back to the 13th century, and the main house dates back over 500 years.
The hamlets of Bennacott, Curry Lane, North Beer and West Curry are in the parish.
Boyton was part of the Launceston Rural District from 1894 until 1974.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.