Bounds Green is an area in the north of London, in the London Borough of Haringey. Parts of Bounds Green are also known as New Southgate, but most of New Southgate lies in the London Borough of Enfield to the north west.
Bounds Green was originally formed as a popular overnight stop-over for travellers, located on the then outskirts of London, just short of the tollgate at Turnpike Lane. Today it is a residential suburb just north of Wood Green. Bounds Green Underground station on the Piccadilly line, opened by in 1932, is in the area previously known as Bowes Park and which is also served by Bowes Park railway station. The original name of Bounds Green was associated with the former Bounds Green Farm near Cline Road N11 some 500 metres to the north east of the London Underground station.
The Green is still extant in part and is the common land either side of Bounds Green Road N11. The common of approx two acres is bounded by Warwick Road N11, The Drive N11,Tewkesbury Terrace N11 and Bounds Green Brook to the north of the A406 road. Control of the common land passed to the London Borough of Haringey from the Municipal Borough of Wood Green in 1964.