- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Bicknor is a village and civil parish in the Maidstone District of Kent, England, north-east of Maidstone and south-west of Sittingbourne. It had a population of 68 according to the 2001 census.
Bicknor was a civil parish in Hollingbourne Rural District from 1894 until 1974, and since 1974 has been part of the Maidstone non-metropolitan district.
A nineteenth century description
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Bicknor from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "BICKNOR,-anciently Bykenore-a parish in Hollingbourn [registration] district, Kent; 3¾ miles SSW of Sittingbourne [railway] station, and 7 ENE of Maidstone. Post Town, Stockbury, under Sittingbourne. Acres: 631. Real property: £653. Population: 53. Houses: 8. The property is divided. Bicknor Place is the seat of T. Whitehead, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value: £115: Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is small, and very early Norman."