A Vision of Britain through Time states that Beechamwell, an ancient and civil parish, became Beachamwell, a civil parish, in 1935, absorbing the whole of Shingham parish and parts of Barton Bendish and Marham civil parishes.
Beechamwell is a village and civil parish in the Breckland District of Norfolk, England. According to the 2001 UK census it had a population of 334. It is about 10 miles (16 km) east of Downham Market.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Beechamwell from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
Beechamwell had three ecclesiastical parishes: All Saints, St. John and St. Mary. All Saints merged with Shingham parish and St. John and St. Mary also merged into one eccelesiastical parish. Both of these mergers occurred before 1832 (Source: William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845). All refferences to the ecclesiastical parishes have been redirected here.