|Type||Chapelry, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Bamburgh, Northumberland, England||ancient parish of which it was part|
|Bamburgh Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient division in which it was located|
|Belford Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Elford, Northumberland, England||civil parish absorbed into Beadnell in 1955|
|Fleetham, Northumberland, England||civil parish absorbed into Beadnell in 1955|
|Swinhoe, Northumberland, England||civil parish absorbed into Beadnell in 1955|
|Tughall, Northumberland, England||civil parish absorbed into Beadnell in 1955|
|Berwick upon Tweed District, Northumberland, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Beadnell is a village and civil parish in Northumberland, England. It is situated about 4 miles (6.4 km) south-east of Bamburgh, on the North Sea coast, and had a population of 528 in the UK census of 2001, increasing to 545 at the 2011 UK census.
Containing the only west-facing harbour entrance on the east coast of England, Beadnell is a tourist base, the town consisting largely of holiday homes, with some small-scale fishing.
The parish church is the Anglican Church of St. Ebba (named after Saint Æbbe the Elder, founder of abbeys and daughter of King Æthelfrith), was built in the 18th century as a chapel and rebuilt in 1860. There is also a 16th century pele tower in the village.
Near the harbour are historic limekilns dating from 1747, which were later used for curing herring.
- end of Wikipedia contribution
Beadnell was a township in the ancient parish of Bamburgh. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1974 it was part of Belford Rural District. In 1955 it absorbed the civil parishes of Elford, Fleetham, Swinhoe and Tughall. In 1974 rural districts were abolished and Beadnell became part of the Berwick upon Tweed District until 2009 when Northumberland became a unitary authority.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Beadnell, Northumberland, England | Bamburgh, Northumberland, England | Bamburgh Ward, Northumberland, England | Belford Rural, Northumberland, England | Berwick upon Tweed District, Northumberland, England