A Parrish & Heimbecker grain elevator was constructed in 1906 and was the last elevator to operate in Aylesbury, up until the mid-1990s. It was demolished in October 2009. Aylesbury School opened in 1909; years later it would close and its students sent to the school in nearby Craik.
In the 1980s, it received national media attention when residents rallied in an (ultimately unsuccessful) attempt to convince Canada Post not to close the town's post office. Today the Canada Post service is contracted to the Aylesbury Hotel.
As part of a series of monuments in towns along Highway 11, a life-size ox and cart was erected outside Aylesbury in 1999. It was created by Don Wilkins, who also created metal sculptures for the neighbouring towns of Craik and Girvin.