|Alt names||Alia Atleburc||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 186|
|Atlebur||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 186|
|Atleburc||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 186|
|Type||Town, Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England|
|See also||Shropham Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Attleborough is a market town and civil parish between Norwich and Thetford in Norfolk, England. The parish is in the district of Breckland and has an area of 21.9 square kilometres (8.5 sq mi). The 2001 UK census recorded the town as having a population of 9,702 distributed among 4,185 households.
Attleborough railway station provides a main line rail service to both Norwich and Cambridge.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Attleborough.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Attleborough. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901