|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Nantwich (hundred), Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was once situated|
|Nantwich Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part 1837-1937|
|Crewe Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part 1837-1937|
|Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Crewe and Nantwich (borough), Cheshire, England||district in which it was located 1974-2009|
|Cheshire East, Cheshire, England||unitary authority in which it is located since 2009|
|Acton, Cheshire, England||ancient parish of which it was a part until 1866|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Aston-juxta-Mondrum is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It is about four miles north of Nantwich. The civil parish also includes part of Worleston village.
Aston-juxta-Mondrum was a township in Acton ancient parish in Nantwich hundred which became a civil parish in 1866. The population was 111 in 1801, 171 in 1851, 194 in 1901, and 141 in 1951. (Source:GENUKI)
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Nantwich (hundred), Cheshire, England | Nantwich Registration District, Cheshire, England | Crewe Registration District, Cheshire, England | Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England | Crewe and Nantwich (borough), Cheshire, England | Cheshire East, Cheshire, England | Acton, Cheshire, England | Aston-juxta-Mondrum, Cheshire, England
Help fund new features!