Place:Arlington, Devon, England

Watchers


NameArlington
Alt namesAlferdintonasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 76
Alferdintonesource: Domesday Book (1985) p 76
TypeInhabited place
Coordinates51.133°N 3.967°W
Located inDevon, England
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Arlington is a former manor, village and civil parish in the North Devon district of Devon in England. The parish includes the villages of Arlington and Arlington Beccott. The population of the parish is 98 (2001 census).

Arlington Court, long owned by the Chichester family, lords of the manor since the 14th century, is now owned by the National Trust and home to the Trust's collection of over 50 historic horse-drawn carriages.

Victoria Cross holder Sir Mark Walker resided in Arlington, dying there in 1902.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Arlington, Devon. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.