Original Source: Beers, 1886. History of Cumberland and Adams Counties, Pennsylvania
Pexton Manor was originally established as a reservation for Indians in Cumberland County PA, in the area that eventually became East Pennsboro Township, in the area roughly between Camp Hill, Lemoyne, and New Cumberland. See:Google Maps. Originally it was known as the First Proprietary Manor, and later Louther Manor. See:Google Maps
Spelling of the name is moderately variable: "Pastang" "Paxton", and other variants seem to have been used.
THE Cumberland (then known as the North) Valley was first divided
into the townships of Pennsborough and Hopewell. This was in 1735,
years before the formation of the county, which was then a portion of
Lancaster. At this time the Indian title to the lands had not yet been
extinguished, for it was in October of the following year that the
Penns finally purchased their title. White settlers, by permission of
the Indians, had come into the valley about the year 1730, but they
were few in number, and Cumberland County was not formed until fifteen
years after the formation of these two townships.
The First Proprietary Manor. - A small portion in the lower part of
the North Valley, and which was afterward a portion of Pennsborough
Township, was surveyed at a still earlier period (1732) into a
"Proprietary Manor on Conodoguinette," the more effectually to keep off
white settlers as opposed to the rights of the Indians, which had not
yet been satisfactorily purchased. This manor was also called
"Pastang" or "Paxton Manor," and after the formation of Cumberland
County "Louther Manor," in compliment to a nobleman of that name who
had married a sister of William Penn.