Additional information [24 August 2012]
Not all of the pieces to this puzzle add up yet...
- Emergency Passport Application - issued Dec 1920. States his name was Walter Browers, born at Boisleduc Holland (French for 's Hertogenbosch) on Dec 6th 1880, emigrated to the U.S. 1899 and resided 21 years in the U.S. from 1899-1920. He became a naturalized citizen U.S. New York City Supreme Court Nov 6, 1918. He last left the U.S. on May 19, 1920 arriving at West Hartlepool, England on Dec 10, 1920. There are more facts and a passport photo with this document which I can email to you.
- It appears he was married on 2nd Sept 1915 in Cuyahoga, Ohio to Marie Schonberger. Schonberger was her married name, maiden name as Leonhardt. The document states he was not married before. The record can be found here: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XD2Q-V9T (Application No 103202)
- Browers, Walter, 72, Male, Widowed, 75 Union Street, Saratoga Springs, born in 's Hertogebosch, Netherlands. Arrival Date (New York): 29 May 1953; Port of Departure: Antwerp, Belgium; Ship Name: Tervaete.
- Browers, Walter, 48, M, Married, Boisleduc, Holland, December 6, 1890. Naturalized New York, 1918. Arrival Date (New York): 9 Feb 1928; Port of Departure: Nassau, Bahamas; Ship Name: Munargo
- Note, Walterus was not present for the declaration of birth for Wilhelmus or Johannes Anna. The certificates state his living location unknown. He was there to declare Jacques Theodorus and Maria Jacob.
Dear mrs Jennifer (JBS66)
I'm just exited for the additionel information of Walterus Brouwers you put on his side!!
Thanks a thousand times!
You could send me more facts and the passport photo by email (email@example.com)
If you like i can send all I have from his dutch wife, his children and grandchildren.
For example : I have a nice photo from his wife and his children made in 1908.
(Interesting for all he lived with in the States!)
Please let me hear of you!
Wim Brouwers.--Wimbrouwers 03:26, 24 August 2012 (EDT)
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 [24 August 2012]
- Arrival Date: 1 Nov 1927
- Port of Departure: Havre
- Port of Arrival: New York, New York
- Ship Name: Tuscania
Browers, Walter; 47; married; Ident Cert. 29073; naturalization Supreme Court New York N.Y. 11/6/1918; address 43 E 27th Str. New York N.Y.
Browers, Nina E; 37; date & place of birth Oshkosh Wisc 11/8 [9?]/1890; address 43 E 27th Str. New York N.Y.--Jennifer (JBS66) 11:04, 24 August 2012 (EDT)
Nina E. Derber [24 August 2012]
From the California Death Index, 1940-1997:
Name: Nina E Browers
Social Security #: 550262688
Birth Date: 11 Sep 1890
Death Date: 19 Mar 1974
Death Place: Kern --Jennifer (JBS66) 11:07, 24 August 2012 (EDT)
"E. J. Derber has received information from his daughter Mrs. Nina Derber Browers, that she and her husband are sailing for Paris, France to attend the American legion convention. Mr. and Mrs. Browers plan to visit Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany and France. They will return to the United States Nov. 4, and will visit Mr. Derber during the Christmas holidays."
Source: Oshkosh Daily Northwestern 13 Sep 1927 page 12
Birth data: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VH41-WJ3--Jennifer (JBS66) 11:18, 24 August 2012 (EDT)
"To Take Charge of Restaurant
Nina E. Derber Browers, wife of the chef at the Princess Anne Hotel and well known in this city, has opened a restaurant at 720 Main street next to the Maury Hotel. The interior of the building has been completely renovated and new and modern furnishings installed.
Mrs. Browers and her husband have been residing in this city since March 1, of this year at which time Mr. Browers resumed his former position as chef at the Princess Anne which he vacated some time previous.
Mrs. Browers is active in the American Legion Auxiliary affairs being a member of Old Glory Naval Post No. 48 of Brooklyn, N.Y."
Source: The Free Lance-Star, Fredericksburg, VA, Saturday, Nov. 30 1929
Available online at: http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1298&dat=19291130&id=e-VNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=gYoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4924,5697677
1906 passenger lists [25 August 2012]
I cannot yet confirm if these records are for Walterus Brouwers.
- Source: Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1954
- 2 Aug 1906 @ Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Walter Browers, 27, Male, Single, Farm laborer, from Holland, Dutch, last resided in Winnipeg, final destination St. Thomas, North Dakota, never in the U.S. before, port of landing Quebec, May 13 1906, SS. Empress of Britain
- Source: Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935
- From Liverpool to Quebec arrived May 1906
- William Browers, 28, married, from Holland, destination Winnipeg, Man --Jennifer (JBS66) 12:45, 25 August 2012 (EDT)
possible 1910 census [25 August 2012]
residing at 322 W 52nd St. New York City, Browers, Walter, Lodger, Male, White, 30, Single, born in Holland, immigrated in 1906, alien status, meat butcher
Note: The 1906 immigration date mentioned in the census correlates to the dates in the post above. Also, his status was "alien" which correlates to the known information that he was not naturalized until 1918. --Jennifer (JBS66) 12:58, 25 August 2012 (EDT)
possible death [13 September 2013]
Browers Walter 76yrs Bois L'Duc,Holland 06Dec1880 03Nov1957 St. Peter's VA Hosp.Albany,NY--henk 14:06, 13 September 2013 (EDT)
Possible marriage [3 September 2015]
Walter Browers, b~1881, m: May Elizabeth Christian, b~1882 14 Nov 1913 Chicago, Cook, Illinois https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N7C1-LP2 --Jennifer (JBS66) 15:15, 3 September 2015 (UTC)