- H. Zachariah Smithbef 1738 - bef 1788
m. bef. 1758
- Elizabeth Smith1758 - 1826
Facts and Events
Zachariah Smith was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
- Page 458.—1st November, 1754. William Johnston and Ann to Zachariah Smith, £5, 160 acres in Beverley Manor; Alexander Henderson's line; oaks in the Barrens.
Will of Zachariah Smith
- Page 150 (vid.-- page 63 infra.)--19th February, 1788. Zechariah Smith's will--To son, Mathew; to granddaughter, Serah, if she stay with Mathew until she is 18; to daughter, Elizabeth Gibson; to each son-in-law, $1. Executors, son Mathew Smith and Zechariah Johnston. Teste: Margaret Caldbreath, Ann Johnston. Proved, 16th April, 1788, by the witnesses.
- Page 63.--Zechoriah Smith's will (see p. 50, supra.)
Records in Augusta County, VA
- Page 333.--30th August, 1759. James Robertson's estate sold at vendue-- Zachariah Smith, David McNeeley, Mathew Harper, Charles Mehafey, Saml. McCown, Timothy Cole, Thos. Baskins, Jno. Cloyd, Thos. Fulton, Robert Brown, Robt. Adair, Ben Herbert, George Woldridge, Nate Dunlap, Dan. Kidd, Thos. Galbreath.
- Page 366.--22d March, 1760. Robert Gibson's wil;, yeoman--Wife, Isabella Gibson, executrix; son, Robert Gibson, executor; son, George Gibson, 190 acres between here and Spring Hill; son, James Gibson; son, John Gibson (if he be alive or comes to demand it). Teste: A. Thompson, Wm. Johnston, Zechariah Smith. Proved, 20th May. 1760, by the witnesses. Executors qualified (Isabella's mark "E"), with John Gray, Zechariah Smith, Wm. Palmer.
- Page 289.--18th May, 1762. Zachariah Bell, of Craven County, South Carolina, to Samuel Logan, £30.1.3, 238 acres at head of Elk Run in Beverley Manor; Andrew McClure's line, ye Barrens; Joseph Bell's cor. Teste: Zechariah Smith, Zechariah Johnston, Hugh McClure. Delivered: Samuel Bell, May, 1763.
Help fund new features!