m. abt 1786
- Willis Stuckerabt 1787 -
Facts and Events
||Kentucky, United States
||29 Dec 1808
||Clark, Indiana, United Statesby Charles Johnston
to Margaret Storm
||Jefferson, Indiana, United Statessigned petition asking appointment of court judge
||1 Dec 1823
||Pope, Illinois, United Statesprovided bond security for guardian of Nancy McCool, daughter of Jesse McCool
||Pope, Illinois, United States
||Gallatin, Illinois, United States
||Saline, Illinois, United States
||Pope, Illinois, United StatesProvided affidavit regarding first marriage of Margaret Johnson to his brother-in-law Peter Storm
||Saline, Illinois, United States
||27 Dec 1860
||Saline, Illinois, United StatesWill signed
- ↑ War of 1812 Claim for Bounty Land Warrant by Peggy Dunning for Service of Peter Storm’s Service in the War of 1812, in Johnson Family documents, Primary quality.
State of Illinois, Pope County
Willis Stucker says that he was well acquainted with Peter Storm . . . . [and] was present and was one of the bridal attendants at the time of his marriage with Miss Peggy Johnson now Peggy Dunning . . . . [and that he] married Peter Storm’s sister
- ↑ County Court Records, Pope County, Illinois, 1816-1831; LDS #0964530, in Illinois. County Court (Pope County), and Illinois. Court of County Commissioners (Pope County). County court records, 1816-1850. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1974), p. 215, Primary quality.
1 Dec 1823 – By order of the Court John N. Calvert is appointed guardian to the infant heir of Jesse McCool by name Nancy Alexander McCool who gave bonds in penalty $1000 with Samuel Alexander Joshua Scott and Willis Stucker as his security
- ↑ The Territory of Indiana 1810-1816, in The Territorial papers of the United States: the territory of Wisconsin, 1836-1848 : a microfilm supplement. (Washington, District of Columbia: National Archives and Records Administration, 1959), Volume VIII, p. 244&ff.
Recommendation of Elijah Sparks for Judge (1813)
“We the undersigned Citizens of Dearbourn* county Indiana Territory. Represent to your Excellency the many hardships that we as well a Others Citizens of said Territory labour under, by reason of the long vacancys in the Judiciary system under the General Court establishment thereof. The late Judge Vanderburgh has for a considerable time been deceased, and no one as yet acting in his place Judge Taylor has for months been in the Army, and as we are informed there expects to remain during the present War. The consequence is, that system is rendered useless in the Territory to the prejudice of Sutors; and Thro our Delegate we make our remonstrance to you, and pray, that the bench of said Court be again filled, and should it become necessary to make a new appointment to accomplish our desires, we beg leave to recommend to your Notice & attention Elijah Sparks Esquire, one of our County men, as a man well qualified, to fill said vacancy.
*ftnt89 – similar petitions were signed in other counties, only the lists of signatures included.
p. 248 – Section 5 of Subscribers [Jefferson County] – inc. Jesse Vawter
p. 248 – Section 6 of Subscribers [Jefferson County] – inc. Willis Stucker, Jacob Storm, Andrew J. Storm
- ↑ Stucker, Essie, and Jennie E. (Jennie Elizabeth) Stewart. Michael Stucker of 1759 and his kinsmen: sequel to Book II (Vol. I) George Stucker which was compiled and edited by Jennie E. Stewart ... (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1977), p. 141.
- ↑ Stonefort, Saline, Illinois, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 29, Fam 29, Primary quality.
Stucker, Willis, 61, farmer, [no RE listed], b. KY
, Margaret, 63, b. VA
Green, Rebecca, 40, b. IN
, Anderson J., 7, b. IL
, Sindney H. (male), 6, b. IL
, Green B., 1, b. IL
- ↑ Township 10 Range 5, Saline, Illinois, in United States. 1860 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 1650, Fam 1650, Primary quality.
Stucker, Willis, 70, farmer, RE = $650, PE = $410, b. KY
, Rebecca, 50, b. IN
, Jackson, 18, b. IL
, Cinda (female), 16, b. IL
, Green, 11, b. IL
- ↑ Monroe, Pope, Illinois, in United States. 1820 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Willis Stucker, 1 male under 10, 1 male 16-25 [sic], 5 females 10-15, 1 female 26-44
- ↑ Pope, Illinois, in United States. 1830 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Willis Stucker, 1 male under 5, 1 male 10-15, 1 male 40-50, 1 female 5-10, 1 female 10-15, 1 female 15-20, 1 female 20-30, 1 female 40-50
- ↑ Monroe, Gallatin, Illinois, in United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Willis Stucker, 1 male 5-10, 1 male 10-15, 1 male 40-50, 1 female 10-15, 1 female 20-30, 1 female 40-50
- ↑ Willis Stucker Will, attached to Willis Stucker, in "Jane's Tree-2" by jbrent12738, Ancestry.com, accessed 11 May 2014, Primary quality.
Willis Stucker of Saline County, Illinois
To daughter Rebecca Green that now resides with me; grandson Green
Executor: son John H. Stucker
Signed 27 Dec 1816
Witnesses [H]. [H]ise, Polly x her mark [H]ise