Facts and Events
William Muncy was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - VARIOUS OLD PAPERS--1760--1770.
- Petition for road from Adam Reader's Mines to Isaac Robertson's, from thence to Widow Wright's Mill; thence to Thomas Harrison's in the Great Road to the Court House, 2d January, 1761. Thomas Pickins, Isaac Robertson, James Wright, Tunes Van Pelt, John Chrisman, Lydia Wright, William Munsey, Robert Bellshe, Jacob Gum, Jacob Gum, Jr., John White, Leonard Herring, John Black, Thomas Harrison, William Dunlop, Robert Kearr, Alexander Painter, Jacob Miller, Scidmore Munsey, William Pickins, John Jackson, David Robertson, Henry Mase, James Thomas.
- Vol. 1 - MAY, 1765 (B). - PETITION., To the Worshipful Court of Augusta County:
- We, your humble petitioners, pray that your worships would be pleased to grant a road to be cleared from Adam Reader's Mines to Isaac Robertson's, from thence to Widow Wright's Mill, from thence to Thomas Harrison's, on the great road to the Court House, which will be the covenants' road to travel either north or south, to mill or to market. May ye second day, year 1767. Your favor will oblige your humble petitioners.
- (Signed) Thos. Pickins, James Van Pelt, Lydia Wright, Jacob Gum, Leonard Herring, Wm. Dunlop, Wm. Blear, Francis Munsey, John Jackson, AdamKinder, Isaac Robertson, John Chrisman, Wm. Munsey, Jacob Gum, Jr., John Black, Robert Kearr, Scidmore Munsey, Wm. Pickins, David Robertson, Mathias Kinder, James Wright, Timothy Warren, Robert Bellshe, John White, Thomas Harrison, Jacob Miller, Alexander Peanter, James Thomas, Henry Maze.