Facts and Events
The "Roster of South Carolina Patriots in the American Revolution" contains this
comment about William:
"He served six hundred ten days on foot and on horseback in the militia during
1780, 1781, and 1782 under Capts. John and Andrew Gray and Col. Winn. He
lost a horse in service near Charolette."
- ↑ Advertisement for passage aboard the Admiral Hawke. (The Belfast Newsletter).
- ↑ Janie Revill. Compilation of the Original Lists of Protestant Immigrants to South Carolina 1763 - 1773. (1968).
- ↑ Bobby Gilmer Moss. Roster of South Carolina Patriots in the American Revolution. (1983).
- ↑ Brent H. Holcomb, C.A.L.S. Fairfield County, South Carolina Minutes of the County Court 1785 - 1799.
- ↑ Served Six Hundred Ten Days On Foot And On Horseback In The Milita Under Capts. John And Andrew Gray And Col. Winn. He Lost A Horse In Service Near Charolette
- ↑ Sheriff Of Fairfield County, South Carolina (4 Year Term)