Facts and Events
William Fitzgerald was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Page 344.--19th June, 1764. John McCaslin's bond (with Henry Gay, Jas. McCoy) as administrator of Wm. Fitzjarrell.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 19, 1764. - (496) John McCastlin, greatest creditor, qualified administrator of William Fitzjarrell.
- Page 366.--11th October, 1764. William Fitzjarrell's estate appraised, by James McCoy, Thos. Gillespey, Chas. Donnally. Vendue bill recorded 21st November, 1764; to Jno. McCaslin, Thos. Spencer, Geo. Lewis, Francis Jackson; to Timothy Sullivan.
- Page 414.-- 1776. Later appraisement of Wm. Fitzgeral's estate To a cow killed for use of soldiers at Fort McNeil.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1758. - The Grand Jurors present Wm. Long, John Smith, William Fitzgerald-- that they on 18th October, 1756, did with force and arms, in a riotous manner, enter the close and house of Alexr. Wright, in Town of Staunton, and then and there did beat, strike and abuse one Mary McDonnell, then in said house, and likewise break doors and windows.
- Page 292.--26th September, 1763. Naphtalim Gregory's appraisement and settlement of estate recorded--Debts due the estate, by James Rusk, Jno. Rusk, Jno. Martin's estate. Account of sales on 13th September, 1763--To Jas. Williams, Michael Weaver. Wm. Fitzjarrell, Thos. Kirkpatrick, Richd. Morrison. Jno. Jordan, Joshua Ewing. Articles kept in hands of widow Mary--Some hooks. Paid Jno. Humphries.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE, 1764 (A). - William Fitzgerald (Fitzgerrell) vs. William Givin.--Bond by W. F. to W. G., 21st September, 1763. Writ 17th May, 1764. "The defendant is killed by the Indians." (Note: the "defendant" in the lawsuit that was killed by Indians was William Fitzgerald (as listed in the record below), not William Givens, who lived until 1798).
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 22, 1764. - (27) William Givens vs. Wm. Fitzjerrald.--Abates by death of defendant.
Help fund new features!