Facts and Events
William Curry was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
William Curry's land (SW, 360 acres, 27 Feb. 1749) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009.
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 458.—27th February, 1749. Same (Grant from William Beverley) to William Currey, 360 acres Beverley Manor. Corner tract first surveyed for James Bell, now in possession of Andrew Cowin. Corner William Nutt. Tract surveyed for Adam Thompson, now belonging to Robert McClenachan. Corner Samuel McCorkall's land. Corner to James Moody; Cowin's line. Teste: Arthur Hamilton, John Linn, George Anderson.
- Page 140.—?8th March. 1759. John Erwin and Jean to Wm. Curry, £20, 200 acres, part of 400 patented to John, 16th August, 1756, on Long Glade, a branch of North River, Shanando; corner Francis Erwin. Teste Andrew Francis, Edward Erwin. Delivered: Executor of grantee, 17 June, 1812.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 355.—18th March, 1760. Wm. Curry to John Buchanan, £21, 63 acres on Christian's Creek; corner said Buchanan's land; corner Cowan's land. Delivered: Pat. Buchanan, December 1770.
- Page 130.—18th March. 1771. William Currey to James Currey, £20, 130 acres in Beverley Manor; corner McCorkel's land; corner James Moody, Andrew Cowan's line; corner William Curry. Teste: George McAfee, Wliliam Cowan. Delivered: James Curry. 1st June, 1773.
- Page 376.—16th August, 1773. William Curry to Robert Buchanan. Delivered: James Buchanan, September, 1778.
Records in Augusta County, Virginia
- Page 480.—13th January, 1772. Edward Erwin's will, of Long Glade— To sons, Edward and Francis Erwin; to Francess Brown, bed and furniture, if she behaves well and marry by consent; to son-in-law, Robert Law. Executors, sons Edward and Francis. Teste: Edward Erwin, Robt. Curry, John Erwin. Proved, 18th March, 1772, by Edward and John Erwin. Executors qualify with Wm. and Saml. Corry.
Help fund new features!